Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally Getting Started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally Getting Started

Hi all,

I've been in the planning stages for a few years now, I originally bought my plans set in 2017 #1414 but I'm finally in a place in my life where I will have the time, the means and the motivation to get started. I'll be doing a hybrid build,and I put a deposit down on a set of QB wings from Mark. Looking forward to getting acquainted with you all and maybe meeting some local bearhawk builders/ flyers in the Queen Creek, AZ area or where I'll be building in Camarillo, CA.

I'll be scratch building the fuselage (with the help of a pre-coped tubing kit I ordered a few years back), and one of my first steps is to convert all of the sheet metal parts into some .dxf files I can send to a water jet or laser cutter. I'm aware a few other sets of drawings may already exist, but I think doing it again on my own will help me learn the plans and airframe a bit better.

I'll also be designing some mdf board tailfeather rib stamping sets and blanks to make that part of the bravo build a little bit easier. If and only if it's cool with Bob and Mark I'll try and make those available for fellow plans owners once I have successfully worked through them.

Thanks for reading!
    Brett

Welcome Brett and best-of-luck with your project. Looking forward to following your progress.
    Mitch

Comment

Ah yes, I love the sound of boundless ambition. Two thumbs up Brett.
      Look forward to hearing from you lots!

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Newton View Post
        Ah yes, I love the sound of boundless ambition. Two thumbs up Brett.
        Look forward to hearing from you lots!
        Thanks to both of you!

Once I finish up school here in Arizona, game is officially on I’ll be taking a large break after school to focus on only building.

Comment

Working...
        X