Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bearhawk 4B for Aust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearhawk 4B for Aust

Hi folks,
    After 18 months of research, including lurking here on BH Forum I have finally made the decison to build a Bearhawk 4B, based on aN Enhanced QB kit from AviPro.
    Having previously built an RV-8 and a replica Neuiport 28, give me the skill sets to work with the metal wings and tube & fabric fuse will certainly be a bonus. Not withstanding the experience each and everyone of you out there have will be no doubt a huge bonus to me also. Aligned to this forum and builders logs, both online and You Tube video blogs are of huge benefit to me in analising the challenges one faces.
    I suppose the biggest challenge we face in Australia is the supply chain for parts required as even in normal times the logistics can be challenging. Extra challenges in pandemic times as noted recently by a fellow Ozzie here on the forum.
    To my fellow Aiussies and Kiwis I look forward to meeting many of you down the Track sometime and in advance acknowledge your support.
    My correspondence thus far with both Mark Goldberg and Bob Barrows has been 100% supportive and I have sense of enjoying the build experience is in the making. What a great aircraft and I am focused on assembling a great kit.
    Regards
    RayJ in Aust.

G'day Ray,

Good to see another Aussie here. Still lurking and researching myself hoping to start on a mixed build scratch/QB 4B sometime next year. Good luck with your build.

Tim.

Comment

• RayJ
      RayJ commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Tim, Where abouts in Aust are you located? I'm in My Eliza, Mornington Peninsula.

• semlloh
      semlloh commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm in the Blue Mountains, NSW, so miles away unfortunately.

Good to see you here Ray, and look forward to following progress.
    Nev Bailey
    Christchurch, NZ

BearhawkBlog.com - Safety & Maintenance Notes
    YouTube - Build and flying channel
    Builders Log - We build planes

Comment

• RayJ
      RayJ commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Nev,
      Partly your lead is a true inspiration. I would like to touch base again soon Regards questions about your build.

I recently decided to make a change to my plans to build a 4B. After discussions with Mark & Bob, I have decided to build a Model 5. There are a number of reasons for making this decision and I calculate there will be an extra $14K USD to facilitate this. Mark tells me this will be first Model 5 in Aust and chatting with him yesterday he tells me there is also a kit just been ordered for NZ. Whilst I have a 17 months (or there abouts) wait for my kit, I'm not wasting anytime and now researching major components and sourcing parts. As soon as the kit arrives I am hoping to hit the ground running as they say.
    Of course this forum is a valuable source of information by those with previous experience and I now have made numerous contacts through this. Great stuff guys.

Comment

Working...
    X