Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newest Guy in the New Year 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newest Guy in the New Year 2022

Look at us! Here we are in the new year, already! I’m a brand new member who has been haunting Bearhawks for several years and decided to take a proactive approach to learning more about a Patrol build with a goal to assemble a QB kit, light and simple personalized with my attention to detail(s).

I own and fly a 1946 Champ and a Yakovlev 55M. Both of those planes are so much fun and do what they were designed for so well. I see a Patrol as a replacement for the Champ, which I fly very often for airmanship practice, breakfasts, fly-ins, Young Eagles, etc. I would like to add to those missions with fly-in camping and backwoods exploring in a Patrol. I see a Patrol as a utilitarian airplane with decent speed, range, and good payload—double or better than the Champ in those areas. Flying the Champ provides for a good perspective on what light and simple does for the flying experience and “how much airplane” is needed to depart and land short.

The Yak is all about acro and is in another category of flying all together. I have experience in other categories of flying, too not related to a Champ, Patrol, or Yak.

I will be hitting up the forum with some questions very soon, so thanks up-front to everyone who has been contributing here right along. Let the learning begin! Lew
    Last edited by Light&Sweet; 01-04-2022, 06:51 PM. Reason: Doh!

Welcome to the forum! Lots to learn. I'm waiting on my Patrol QB. Where are you located?

Comment

Thank you, rwayne. I am in northern Illinois, but I am actively planning my escape to the mid-south.

Comment

Welcome aboard Lew, you cant go wrong with a patrol fast build kit and Mark is a great guy to work with.

Comment

That’s good to hear, davzLSA. Lew

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I am a hybrid builder with QB fuselage and scratch built wings. The forum is a great resource with wonderful and helpful member. You will never go wrong buying any Bearhawk parts or kits from Mark Goldberg. He is also a great resource and always available for questions.
            John Snapp (Started build in Denver, CO) Now KAWO -Arlington Washington Bearhawk Patrol - Plans #255 Scratch built wing and Quickbuild Fuselage as of 11/2021. Working on skinning the left wing! -Ribs : DONE -Spars: DONE, Left wing assembly's: DONE., Top skins : DONE YouTube Videos on my building of patrol :https://m.youtube.com/user/n3uw

Comment

• Light&Sweet
              Light&Sweet commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you for the recommendations and for posting your work progress. I will be watching your videos, too. Lew
          Working...
          X