Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Aircraft Builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Aircraft Builder

Hello All!

I'm currently building a Vans RV12 with a local EAA chapter in Hartford, CT and am planning on my own aircraft build in a year. Was originally planning on building a RV10 but when I discovered the Bearhawk 5, I feel like it fits my mission better since besides having decent cross country capability, I'll be able to use it for backcountry flying and taking it into remote airstrips to go camping.
    I'm planning on getting the Bearhawk 5 plans next month to look through and hopefully the following year, I'll put my order in for the Quickbuild. Does anyone know what the current lead time is for the Quickbuilds?

Ludwig - give a call and we can discuss. 512/626-7886. Or N95MF@hotmailcom. Mark

Comment

Happy to officially announce that I'm now a Bearhawk 5 plans holder (SN 5080)! Still will be going with the Quick Build route but in the meantime, I'll be spending my time studying the plans!

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
        Still will be going with the Quick Build route but in the meantime, I'll be spending my time studying the plans!
        Congratulations on getting the plans! You'd better go ahead and get that Quick Build kit on order so that you can get it when you are ready. I called Mark to get details about ordering before I thought I needed to place an order and when I found out what the lead time was, I went ahead and placed my QB LSA order earlier than planned. It has worked out about perfectly for me to be financially ready to take delivery, and have my other projects cleared enough to begin on the Bearhawk when it arrives at the end of this year.

David Swartzendruber

Comment

Originally posted by David Swartzendruber View Post
          Congratulations on getting the plans! You'd better go ahead and get that Quick Build kit on order so that you can get it when you are ready. I called Mark to get details about ordering before I thought I needed to place an order and when I found out what the lead time was, I went ahead and placed my QB LSA order earlier than planned. It has worked out about perfectly for me to be financially ready to take delivery, and have my other projects cleared enough to begin on the Bearhawk when it arrives at the end of this year.

David Swartzendruber
          I was emailing Mark last week and it sounds like lead time is around 20 months! As much as I would love to get around ordering the QB kit now, I'll have to wait until around end of next year to order the QB Kit since I'm currently moving around a lot with my company right now which will come to an end of next year which would then allow me to know where I'll be able to build the aircraft. I need to make sure that I first get an established place to build the Bearhawk 5 before getting the kit!

Comment

Working...
          X