Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member(s) - Pittsburgh, PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member(s) - Pittsburgh, PA

Well... It's probably time I introduce myself since I'm now a few months into my Model 5 build. I ordered the kit last year at Oshkosh, could have been the first OSH21 order for Mark. It took my wife, Michelle, and I all of 5 minutes to look at the differences between the 4 place and model 5 to make our decision. More than enough baggage space and useful load for anything we'd want to put in the plane.

On July 6th our kit arrived and the fun began. I couldn't be happier with the kit. It is definitely cheating compared to scratch building; it will save me a decade of work at least!

My wife and I are repeat builders. In the mid-2000's we built a RV-7A. The plane will turn 16 later this month and we have over 1000 hours on it. I got the itch for open cockpit flying and started scratch building an Acrosport II. The purchase of a flying Rans S-7S made us realize we were building the wrong plane. That and the fact you get ~4-5 months of comfortable open cockpit flying in SW PA. My research led me to the Bearhawk and I couldn't look away.

With my introduction I also need to come clean. I'm a heavy consumer of information, but I'm not a significant contributor. This forum, the Bearhawk tips site, Eric's finishing manual, and the growing YouTube videos have been instrumental as I researched Bearhawk planes and started my build. My hat is off to all of you who contribute to this level so people like me can cruise through our builds. With that said, I am trying to keep an online build log relatively up to date and I promise this won't be my last post on this forum.

Here we are on-shift at Oshkosh 2022.
    Osh2022 On Shift.jpg

Steve Glaeser
    Bearhawk Model 5 (build log)

Welcome to the group!

Comment

Hi Steve, I look forward to seeing your build progress !
      Nev Bailey
      Christchurch, NZ

BearhawkBlog.com - Safety & Maintenance Notes
      YouTube - Build and flying channel
      Builders Log - We build planes

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Working...
        X