Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Central Oregon- Considering Building a 5 (Very Early Stages)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ordered a 5 a while back and waited. I'm happily in the build process now. I have a 170 that I currently fly to get my fix. I can't wait for the 5 to be done. It will be exactly what I want and can work on/customize. Can't get that with a Cessna. It's worth the wait.

Comment

I'm a builder, a slow builder and I build alone. I also a dad....and I work full time. But building is new to me. I'm not a professional fabricator. I'm not a professional mechanic. I learned to weld, rivet, sheet metal, wrie, cover, paint, build hoses, design, fabricate etc. I enjoy it so maybe thats why it takes me so long. Started in 2017 with a Patrol quick build.

The best mindset for today in the shop is to focus on one doing thing as opposed to focusing on how much more I have to do until it gets done. I use to get angry when I failed. That attitude would have tanked my build so I had to change myself. Now Education happens when I fail....I do it again, and learn and succeed.

I have four clipboards in my shop. I try to have three things going on at once that take up one. I have a shopping list on another, a list of issues that I find I need to attend to and don't want to right now but don't want to forget, and one I cant recall. I covered my fuselage twice. Thats ok. I like how it turned out the second time. I only painted once. It turned out great.
      Brooks Cone
      Southeast Michigan
      Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

Working...
      X