Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long term planning a BH 5 purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long term planning a BH 5 purchase

Greetings from Mexico! My wife and I have a place in Sedona AZ and one in the Bahia de Banderas near Puerto Vallarta Mexico.

I am afraid I may be a few years out on the purchase of a kit, but I am beginning the planning now. I've done a bunch of aircraft fabrication and restoration work so I think I am good for the project. As a pilot, I am commercial Instrument rated with type ratings in the Aero L-39 Albatros and L-29 Delfin. I've flown a bunch of aircraft types and I've owned an Cessna 170, a Nanchang CJ-6 and an L-39ZA. I am on hiatus from flying at the moment as I am changing life phases. I plan to come back and own something more practical and less costly than my previous toys!

One reason I am considering a Bearhawk is the the quality of this forum and some of the Youtube folks I have observed. Bravo!

I haven't sat in a BH yet so I will need to do that, but I can jam my 6'4"frame into a 182, so I guess it will work.

Cheers to all!

Welcome, you aren't far from Pat Fagan when you are in AZ, he would be a good guy to meet. There are also a few good folks in the Phoenix area.

Comment

Another Patrick? That can only be good!

Comment

Hey I am a Patrick too

Comment

Why wait, get some dwgs and start building. Every day you wait is a day you don't get back.

Comment

Working...
          X