Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flyq efb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flyq efb

I tried several of the major EFBs (Foreflight, WingX and FlyQ) years ago and settled on FlyQ and love it. They emailed their lifetime subscription holders earlier today with a special link to share on social media, $39 for a year. That's about $100 off and a good deal.....so here it is:

My intent with sharing this is simply to save you money. I am not interested in a EFB war or discussion. If you can use it, then have at it. I think it is good until Sunday, October 2nd.

I like the features they offer, especially the wind direction on the airport diagram. Pretty cool. I have yet to become very proficient with any of them, though.

Thanks for the link!
    Christopher Owens
    Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
    Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
    Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

A couple of additional updates for FlyQ EFB:

1) CFIs can get a full VFR & IFR (USA) subscription for $19 per year on an ongoing basis - no time limit. I guess they want to have CFIs showing their students how well FlyQ works, and letting them know about #2 below...

2) Student pilots can get a full VFR (USA) subscription for $19 for the first year's subscription. After the first year, it goes to regular price. Good way to get their feet wet with EFB apps for a very low price.

Here's the link for that $19 deal: CFI / Student deal

They just released FlyQ EFB v2.4, which now included a "documents" capability. Great way to keep your AIM, FAR and other FAA pub library up-to-date without a lot of effort, and you can add your own docs, like a POH, W&B, copies of your pilot certificate and medical, etc... (Those last two may not be 100% "legal" replacement for carrying your originals, but would still be better than nothing if you happen to misplace them or don't have them with you at some point.)

If you like what you see when you load the trial (or the $19 deal above), and you're interested in one of their "lifetime" deals, you'll need to sign up for their newsletter, and watch for their various specials starting around Thanksgiving thru Christmas, and react quickly. They generally only offer a few of each "deal" and it's first come, first served... They usually have a "Black Friday" deal (that's how I got my "lifetime - all devices" subscription), and these usually are available in VERY limited numbers. Last year, I got lucky and snagged one of their lifetime subscriptions on a Black Friday special deal. But you gotta be quick!
      Jim Parker
      Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
      RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

Working...
      X