Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Right angle drill attachment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right angle drill attachment

Has anyone used this right angle attachment from ATS? Good product?

RIGHT ANGLE ATTACHMENT KIT - Our very popular Angle Drill Kit includes the A601 Angle Drill Attachment plus 4 threaded drill bits in sizes #40, #30, #21, and #10.

Seems like I'm finding lots of tight spaces where I have to drill. This seems like a good solution because I can use it with either my electric or pneumatic drill motors. The head is very low profile in both dimensions, and it takes thread-in bits which I'm finding are pretty common and can be spec'd in various lengths for number drills.

Thanks.

I haven't used that drill in particular, but I did end up buying an old pneumatic rockwell right angle drill....that uses the threaded bits. I have found it invaluable a few times during the course of building my wings.

Comment

I think a 90deg drill is very useful. I was looking at that attachment too. I decided to go a different direction. I purchased a Sioux 19m1551 90deg drill for about $150 on eBay. They come up there fairly often. new they go for about $500 though.
      John Snapp (Started build in Denver, CO) Now KAWO -Arlington Washington Bearhawk Patrol - Plans #255 Scratch built wing and Quickbuild Fuselage as of 11/2021. Working on skinning the left wing! -Ribs : DONE -Spars: DONE, Left wing assembly's: DONE., Top skins : DONE YouTube Videos on my building of patrol :https://m.youtube.com/user/n3uw

Comment

Try http://www.yardstore.com/ . New air angle drills for around $200. Also have some used stuff.

Doug
        Scratch building Patrol #254

Comment

Check out Mcmaster.com , part# 8787A11 Tight angle kit. Several bits, pouch, 6" extension, $62. I've used mine a fair bit and it has always worked well, though a dedicated angle drill might be nicer for large quantities. That is if the angle is the right right angle... more flexibility for different tight spots with the attachment unit.

Mark J

Comment

Originally posted by marcusofcotton View Post
            Check out Mcmaster.com , part# 8787A11 Tight angle kit. Several bits, pouch, 6" extension, $62. I've used mine a fair bit and it has always worked well, though a dedicated angle drill might be nicer for large quantities. That is if the angle is the right right angle... more flexibility for different tight spots with the attachment unit.

Mark J

Marc, it looks like that item is the same or very close to the ATS one. The price is much better too. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X