Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Design of the floorboard around the control assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Design of the floorboard around the control assembly

In the Bearhawk assembly manual it states something to the effect of "show how well you find solutions that are neat and clean." Well, I can see several solutions that one could choose from, but I'm not sure which of them is neater and/or cleaner.

The easiest would be to just sandwich the floorboard between the control assembly feet and the brackets on the fuselage. It would be sturdy but would necessitate unbolting the controls every annual.

Second option is to shape the floorboard so that the opening tightly wraps around the brackets allowing the feet to bolt directly to the fuselage. When the center cover piece is added in, it may not have as much solid material to screw to. Which brings up another question: Overlap the center cover (with cutouts for flap handle and track), or rivet on a shelf to the bottom of the large piece so that you can nestle the cover plate flush?

I have the added complication of working around my fuel selector valve mounting bracket, which I've located well aft of the plans location.

Anyone have any photos of their solution?

Last edited by Zzz; 11-01-2016, 11:41 PM.

Access that area during annuals from the bottom by removing bottom boot cowl aluminum. Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Goldberg View Post
      Access that area during annuals from the bottom by removing bottom boot cowl aluminum. Mark
      I think this is what I have resolved to do. Thanks mark.

Comment

Working...
      X