Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flying Wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying Wires

I have recently completed a set of round flying wires by centerless grinding 4130 stock to a .226" diameter and then roll threading left and right hand threads on the ends. I sent a sample to Bob who says they look good so I am considering supplying these to other Bearhawkers. I expect the price would be in the $75/wire category. Round wires from Steen are running $135/each. I would like someone who ordered Steen Aero wires to give me an exact measurement of the lengths they received. If more than one person could do this it would be great. I need to make at least 20 wires to justify the tooling setup costs.

FYI.....If I recall correctly, My Patrol and the Four Place flying wires from Steen were the same product (same length) but I had to remove material from the ends to make it fit the Patrol. From memory of doing it about 9 months ago, I think I removed about 3/4" of threads from one end.
    Brooks Cone
    Southeast Michigan
    Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

Originally posted by Bcone1381 View Post
      FYI.....If I recall correctly, My Patrol and the Four Place flying wires from Steen were the same product (same length) but I had to remove material from the ends to make it fit the Patrol. From memory of doing it about 9 months ago, I think I removed about 3/4" of threads from one end.
      Any chance you know the exact length?

Comment

• Bcone1381
        Bcone1381 commented
        Editing a comment
        Let me get back to you in a few days.
    Working...
    X