Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuselage layout table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuselage layout table

Okay, I am new to all this so excuse my ignorance...

But why do most pictures I look at of someone laying out the fuselage on a table have a white top to the table? Is it just painted? Why is it white? I am not to that point yet but I am starting to look ahead a little and just really noticed this.

Doug

I am not there either but from what I remember of my studies it is painted white. People do that to see the lines for layout and when it is time for the next layout, whether it be fuselage, rudder or horizontal tailplane, they just repaint it when time for the next layout.

Comment

I never painted mine and it's not really necessary. Look at about the nine minute mark of this video. That's what I did.http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6TqgxL8kn3k

Comment

Good timing for this question. Last week I finally had the final building inspection on my new shop. Just starting to move in. First thing I did was build my table. White paint in the photo is still wet.
        The reason I did white was ,like said above, good to see sharpie drawings on table.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 2 photos.
        Scratch building Patrol #254

Comment

Nice table.... Middle removable?

Comment

Yes, I thought two eight foot tables would be more useful down the road. There is a 2' bridge in between for a total of 18'. Also, maybe remove the bridge and locate a drill press or cutoff saw in the gap, then the tables would be good support for long items to slide back and forth, spars etc.

Doug
            Scratch building Patrol #254

Comment

Working...
            X