Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aircraft Ruler - PEC/Taylor Toolworks 36" and 48" Blem Flex Satin Chrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aircraft Ruler - PEC/Taylor Toolworks 36" and 48" Blem Flex Satin Chrome

I have a good assortment of the shorter Starrett stuff in useful aircraft scales (5R grad) and C305 config, as well as a 36" rigid rule that is fine for precision flat layout, but heavy enough to be a bother for aircraft work. When I went looking for bargains on NIB or lightly used/company-branded Starrett or B&S in flex rule 36" or 48". the cupboard was bare. PEC can be OK or very good, depending on who they are making a tool for, but the blemished (aka blem) 36" flex and the 48" rigid (really just a slightly stiffer/marginally wider) PEC stuff on eBay from Taylor Toolworks runs $30 and $50 respectively, and I could not find any reason for the blem beyond a lack of a logo. Crisp marking and carefully shipped.

36"​​​​ Ruler:

It is made from the finest steel available and is hardened and tempered. The 5R graduations show 1/10ths and 1/100ths on one side and32nds and 64ths on the reverse. Rule is. 750" wide and. 020” thick.

48" Ruler:

PEC quality standards are quite high. Most have scratches, discoloration or other blemishes. It is made from the finest steel available and is hardened and tempered. The 5R graduations show 1/10ths and 1/100ths on one side and 32nds and 64ths on the reverse.

Thank you for sharing this, I just received my order. I am not sure how I managed with my shorter rulers previously... As you said, they are great quality and were well worth the cost.
    Bill Duncan
    Troy, Idaho
    Bearhawk Five Scratchbuild - Plans #5053
    N53BD - reserved
    Builders-Log

Comment

Working...
    X