Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alton Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alton Bay

Flew up to Alton Bay on Saturday Hit a couple of lakes on the way home and made good use of the new 8.50's. :-)

Cheers!
    Ty
    Vimeo is the home for high-quality videos and the people who love them.

Thanks for the video Tyson! Which Diono seat is that in the back? It's probably about time for me to start arranging for some kid seats. Could you fit two of them?

Comment

I'll check the model when I can. ...the seat lives in the Bearhawk. I originally bought it when I was naive about car seats and thought I would get one that would work in all cases from infant on up. It is quite heavy (and strong!) and expensive. This seat is a "convertible", meaning that it can face fore or aft. However, the height of the seat back required for a larger child is incompatible with aft facing in most cases. The top of the seat back interferes with the head rest/seat of the seat in front of it.

We ended up buying a more conventional rear facing (only) infant seat that clicks in and out of a base that remains in the car. The rear facing seat could still be strapped in with a lap belt for airplane use.

When he got big enough to face forward we pulled out the Dionon again. It is still heavy, but but works well facing forward. Its remaining strong point is that it seems to be a bit narrower than most seats so it still fits in airliners and airplanes a bit better. There should be no problem with fitting two of them into the rear seat of a Bearhawk. However, if a simpler, cheaper, lighter non-convertible (faces forward only) also fits, that would be a better choice.

We have a couple of Graco forward facing seats for him in our cars. I might be able to check to see if a pair of them would fit in the Bearhawk, but it will be a week or so as we will be gone this coming weekend.

Comment

Thanks Tyson, I didn't know if your choice was a matter of research or circumstance, but it sounds more like the latter. We use a Diono in the car and it is narrower and heavier than most other seats.

Comment

I tried for research. ...ended up with circumstances. ;-) -- Bearhawk

Comment

Working...
          X