Mark warned me at the time I bought the kit not to expect a Vans level experience, so that was fine. I'm not complaining, because I didn't expect much in the way of documentation and wasn't disappointed. My point in the first post was really to see if I was missing some drawings (apparently...
Thanks. I had assumed most of the missing pages related to the BH 4 and 5, but I just couldn't assume away the doors. The interesting thing is that there apparently are multiple construction drawings in existence. The drawings that Bob sells you, the drawings that the factory uses, the...
I started work on the lower cabin doors and noted the the aft edge of the door skins have a notch cut out of them (see below). Now I never got a drawing for the doors (in fact, I'm missing drawings 31-33, so maybe one of them was a drawing for the door?)...can anyone tell me what is this notch for?
The push rods are 4130 steel tube that are tapped for the rod end bearings. I don't recall the size of the tube offhand. I think I have some left over and will look when I get to the hangar today. I don't remember having to enlarge the hole on the servo, but I would have used the same hardware...
I plan to go ahead and replace them since I have the top gussets off anyway. I posted this to give a heads up to others that may not notice and I do plan to ask Virgil et al about this in case the factory is still making them this way. My flaps apparently predate the factory pre-drilling the...
Now that I am focused on getting the ailerons and flaps fitted to the wings, I am spending more quality time with Bob's drawings and to my surprise the center gusset on the flaps is supposed to be riveted with 1/8" rivets, yet they were drilled and dimpled for 3/32" rivets by the factory on my...
I finally got finished with riveting the wings and installing what seemed to be 1000 plate nuts in each wing, so it's time to fit the ailerons and flaps...