850-6 inner tubes.

Pbruce

Member, Patrol QB
I’m shocked and appalled at the price of 8-50 tubes for my Patrol at Aircraft Spruce. I’m sure it’s not their fault, of course. I also feel like I paid double on wheels, and brakes (3-bolt Cleveland/Grove 6.00-6 clones with 2-puck brakes from Alaska).

I bought the cheapest 4-ply 850-6 smooth tires from ACS which were pretty dear too, but I kind of expected that. 850-6 ubes for a minimum of $360 Cdn each I found jaw-dropping though.

I’m soliciting alternatives. Are there any? This might be a really dumb question, but this group is generous, so I’ll ask: are there non-aviation alternatives? Industrial or ATV tubes or….? Thanks.
Pat
 
Last edited:
I'm right there with you and hope to hear some good news. I can't see that there is anything special enough about those things to make them so expensive.
 
I was bugged by the same thing...tubes costing over $200 - I exchanged the Grove kit wheels for tubeless and ran Desser 8.50 tubeless tundra tyres which were pretty reasonable at about $250 ea. from memory. The slightly larger Goodyears were an eye watering $1750 each last year....strangely now seem to have dropped to $1197.00 Ea
 
Good to know that 800-6 tubes work. Desser Tire and Rubber is significantly cheaper than AS for tires and tubes.
 
After the dust settles to purchase a 200$ US tube from south of the border will be a 300$+ Cdn purchase. Plus shipping which is a crime right now. Recently received a 4” X 8” soft pack from spruce. 20$. It’s almost cost prohibitive now for aircraft parts and material.
 
Back
Top