Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nose rib rivets ahead of strut attach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nose rib rivets ahead of strut attach

looking ahead....what is the plan for rivets in the nose ribs ahead of the front spar at strut attach area as access is not available through front spar lightening holes. Thanks

Would I be correct in assuming blind rivets need to be used here?

Comment

Might be different on the four place but I didn't need to use any blind rivets for the leading edge on my LSA.

And I don't remember Eric N. mentioning anything about it in his four place build book.

Might need to reach through adjacent rib/spar lightening holes.

Comment

i have all center ribs riveted in place and about to rivet all nose ribs...i placed nose ribs on again and it does look like i can get my arm through spar and through rib to farthest rib flange for riveting..thanks... i didnt think i could reach that far but looks like i can...thanks

Comment

I put an inspection access panel on both sides of the spar at the wing strut attach area. There is a lot going on there (strut attach brackets/aileron pulley, etc) Makes the assembly and future inspection much easier as well as adding a way to get to those hard to reach nose rivets!!

Comment

Both sides of the spar meaning for and aft of the spar?

Comment

Yes, fore and aft. This is a picture of the LSA that I am currently building.

access panels.jpg

Comment

Hey thanks. Sorry I jumped the gun on that question. I now see the access panels in that location in pics and builder manual. I'm not sure how I missed that. I have to rivet the two root trailing edge ribs and aileron pocket ribs to skeletons then I'll order sheeting for wings. Getting there. Then I'm sure some more questions will come. Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                X