Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 part water based epoxy sources....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 part water based epoxy sources....

Was looking at some kind of water borne 2 part anticorrosion primer for my ribs. Checked with spruce and they want about 90$ per quart.
    Anyone have any hot tips on that product or a similar one -----functionaly----- that is a competitive price ????
    Or is the spruce price the "normal" going rate ?????
    The spruce part i priced was stewart systems ekopoxy- quart in green.--- 90$ per quart.
    Wondering if there might be clone products in other brands.....
    Tim

Epoxy primers are popular in automotive use these days (according to my Saturday morning car shows on TV ). Perhaps check with your favorite auto paint supplier?
    Christopher Owens
    Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
    Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
    Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

I am using Stewarts..

...............Ekoprime, green..........wash, acid etch, rinse, dry, and prime. I am happy with outcome.

Comment

• Wmilbauer
        Wmilbauer commented
        Editing a comment
        I have always used Deft primer, resistant to most liquids found in an aircraft

Dan--- did you find a price any better than Spruce's (about 88$ per qt.) ???? or does that seem to be a competitive price ? Stewarts eko-poxy looks like
      an excellent product in terms of performance and ease of use. i just wanted to find the best price since it is more expensive than many of the other alternatives.
      Tim

Comment

I really did not check prices. I was thinking I ordered directly from Stewarts, but that may not be correct. If it wasn't Stewarts then it was aircraft spruce.
        I am very happy with the product and the outcome though my skills leave something to be desired. You much have dry air, as low a moisture content as you can. Stewarts is sensitive to impurities. I created a lot of "fish eyes" until I went with a refrigerated dryer on my air supply to my spray gun. This was spraying in the summer with a RH of 85-90%.

Comment

Call Wicks before ordering Stewarts paint products. Last Spring they ran a sale—10%, I think.

Comment

Working...
          X