Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

inexpensive small spray gun ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a PowRyte elite detail gun on Amazon for $33 and has a .2mm nozzle. I have been spraying tail feathers and landing gear the last few days. Very happy with it for the price. I am using Stewarts and this is my first experience with it. The gun does a great job with both the primer and top coat. It does so well with the primer, I plan to use this gun for all the primer work instead of buying a larger needle/nozzle for the Iwata gun I bought. I had runs in the topcoat on the first piece I painted. Made adjustments to my technique and now it is coming out nicely. Have to follow Stewarts directions exactly and takes a bit of practice to dial in the wet coat.

Comment

Rod- I started out reducing the stewarts 2 water borne part epoxy per the back of the can. I seemed to me though--- that it was just way too
      viscus and was resulting too thick a coat. It was so thick that I couldnt make a proper tack coat. I just kept adding water untill I could get
      a thin wet coat that didnt quite run --- so that I could slightly see through the tack coat. Let it dry maybe 2-5 min---- then added a bit more as
      it looked like it needed. I was generous on the fanged edges and the edges of the lightening hole (figuring thats where I would be interacting
      with the ribs the most during assy)

The little Vaper gun does real good about making a very well atomized spray pattern. I think I am running it at about 20 PSI.

Works fairly well and cleans pretty easily. What more could I ask ? :-)

Tim

Comment

When I opened the Ekopoxy part A I thought there was something wrong with it, it was a thick paste. Talked with Andy and he said when you mix it just add enough water to be able to spray it easily. I used about 50% more water than the instructions called for. For top coat I am using the Ekocrylic. It makes a harder more durable surface than the Ekopoly. Thought that would be good on the tubing. You can use it on anything except fabric.

Comment

Working...
        X