Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just wondering---

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wondering---

How does the bearhawk adjust wing incidence ? (like after test flying--) Is it done by adjusting the lift strut length ? Seems like that wouldn't work since
    there is only one lift strut...….
    Last edited by fairchild; 11-04-2018, 11:51 PM.

Strut length would change dihedral. The incidence would have to be done by adjusting the front and rear attach points. Don't see how either of these can be done once they have been final drilled (guess you could replace the strut.....). This is why you check it, double check it and then re-check it another 10 times before you drill.

If you find a very heavy wing during testing, I suggest you need to look for another reason/solution - maybe flap or aileron rigging, wing tip twist etc

Comment

• Mark Goldberg
      Mark Goldberg commented
      Editing a comment
      There is an easy way to deal with a wing heavy condition. Not a big deal. Maybe 1/2 or more of builders see a wing that is heavy when they first fly. I certainly did. Mark

Do you know you have a wing incidence problem; or, did flying reveal a heavy wing? Mark is right, a heavy wing can be trimmed out easily enough and has been addressed in this Forum. Do a Forum search on “heavy wing” or something similar.

Comment

Im building my wings now--- just wondered. I think the Cessna singles have elliptical bushing which you rotate to raise and lower the wing attach pt. just a little. -changing incidence.
      Be a wile before I get there --- just thinking about it. Will search "heavy wing"
      Thanks---

Comment

Working...
      X