Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Builder Manual Indexes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Builder Manual Indexes

Hello, pretty new here but just starting a scratch built 4-place (at least scratch for now). I bought the three volume builder manual but on the website, he mentions that it includes a cover, a table of contents, and an index. Those are missing, so I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to get them. Thanks!
    John Wiltberger
    Model B - #1544B
    Maricopa, AZ

Did you reach out to Eric?

Comment

I did, I sent an email I think about a week ago. I haven’t heard a response, though. Is Eric on this forum?
      John Wiltberger
      Model B - #1544B
      Maricopa, AZ

Comment

Sometimes, Enewton57. You might also try the phone number he has listed, which is (228)331-0037

Comment

Thanks! I sent him that email, but maybe calling would help. I’m not a big phone guy (probably my generation), and it’s not really an emergency, but if I get too bored maybe I’ll do that. I ended up making my own cover page and tab-based ToC, but it’d be nice to have something official.
          John Wiltberger
          Model B - #1544B
          Maricopa, AZ

Comment

Originally posted by johwiltb View Post
            Thanks! I sent him that email, but maybe calling would help. I’m not a big phone guy (probably my generation), and it’s not really an emergency, but if I get too bored maybe I’ll do that. I ended up making my own cover page and tab-based ToC, but it’d be nice to have something official.
            Let us know what you find out....I also own his set and was un aware of this... good to know

Comment

I own the volumes you speak of, and as you probably discovered by now each file is a package of multiple PDFs. If I recall correctly the first PDF in each volume contains the title page and chapter cover pages.
              Mark
              Scratch building Patrol #275
              Hood River, OR

Comment

Originally posted by Chewie View Post
                I own the volumes you speak of, and as you probably discovered by now each file is a package of multiple PDFs. If I recall correctly the first PDF in each volume contains the title page and chapter cover pages.
                How long ago did you purchase them? Because mine weren’t a package, it was a single pdf. All three volumes were each just a single PDF
                John Wiltberger
                Model B - #1544B
                Maricopa, AZ

Comment

I purchased my wings CD in 2014 and it is arranged as a package of attached pdfs including cover, instructions, labels etc. But I purchased the fuse and finish manuals last year and they were arranged as an outline in one single pdf. The latter two did not have the cover, labels etc that I can see. Maybe this was a mistake?
                  Mark
                  Scratch building Patrol #275
                  Hood River, OR

Comment

Yeah I think so. My wings PDF is the same as the fuselage and finishing, no tabs or cover page or index. I sent another follow up email, but haven’t heard yet. Again, not a huge deal for me, just realized it after the fact.
                    John Wiltberger
                    Model B - #1544B
                    Maricopa, AZ

Comment

Originally posted by johwiltb View Post
                      Yeah I think so. My wings PDF is the same as the fuselage and finishing, no tabs or cover page or index. I sent another follow up email, but haven’t heard yet. Again, not a huge deal for me, just realized it after the fact.
                      Maybe the index comes when you buy the physical manual as my PDFs are chapters bunched together as mentioned above...

the manuals need a freshening up....there are tons of tips and tricks that have popped up over time that should be linked ....builders have made you tube videos ...etc......

Yes a plane can be built from the manuals and plans....but without this forum it would be an uphill battle for most builders...myself included...

Comment

Just a quick update. Heard back from Eric yesterday, he said he had a catastrophic computer failure and lost the indexes, ToC, and covers, but he’ll keep looking for them. Maybe if anyone has them and wants to send them to him, he could use the help! Email that worked for him was eric@bhtailwheels.com
                        John Wiltberger
                        Model B - #1544B
                        Maricopa, AZ

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm Mariano from Argentina and new to the forum, I'm about to start with the Bearhawk 4 place project.
                          Some time ago I bought the plans from a reseller, I saw that another colleague was looking for some covers and index,
                          someone could tell me if the material I have is complete? In the answer I would appreciate if you leave me any address e-mail Thank you. Mariano

Comment

Welcome to the board..

do you know the Bearhawk version you have a or b? The plans come with about 33 big sheets and a 50 page book....

did the seller sell you the build manual? It’s 3 PDF files....those build manuals are separate from the plans and bought separately

tell us us what you got with the sale

Comment

Working...
                            X