Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuel tank bay skin stiffeners in the 4 place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel tank bay skin stiffeners in the 4 place

I am boning up on fuel tank construction and have a question. My plans are showing using .025 aluminum for the hat shaped stiffeners in the fuel tank bay. I've seen where a couple other builders referenced .050. Could someone clarify? I probably missed it somewhere. Plans #496

For my A-model 4-place, the top skin stiffeners I received with the QB kit are .050”. This matches the callout on the bottom left corner of sheet 2 of my plans.
    Plans 612.

Comment

• woodtic
      woodtic commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! Mine say .025 on page 2. I'll keep looking.....maybe there was an engineering change.

Mystery solved! I recently had Bob send a set of 'shop' drawings as mine were getting rather tattered and worn. The set he sent me shows a revision of 10/09/02 for sheet #2 and showing .050 for the stiffeners. I ordered my plans in December of 01. I reread the wing test results in the October 2002 newsletter which talked about it also. So, there I go.
    Last edited by woodtic; 03-20-2024, 06:05 PM.

Comment

• Chewie
      Chewie commented
      Editing a comment
      On the patrol it's also noted as .050, specifically 5052-H32 alum.
Working...
X