Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

engine mount bolt size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine mount bolt size

Does anyone know the size of the AN-6 bolts for the engine mount to the firewall?

Thanks,​
    Greg

I'm pretty sure I used 5 AN6-44 bolts in that application, with a grip length of 3-15/16. That was based on two inches for the engine mount portion and two inches for the fuselage portion, rounded to fit the available length.

Comment

Thanks Jared. I'm going to get over the mountain and check out your plane one of these days. You're welcome to come here too anytime. 97TN, Kite field, about 3000' of nice grass.

Greg​

Comment

Please do! It looks like a nice trip to your place too.

Comment

Hey I think I have the same engine you have, angle valve 360 from Bob. I'm assuming it will require conical engine mounts. Is that right and do you also remember what size bolts are required there? Thanks again.

Comment

Mine uses a dynafocal mount. Here is the method I used for measuring for the bolts: http://bearhawkblue.com/engine-mounts-and-naca-scoops/

Comment

Jared, I was just looking through some of my Wick's hardware and I have a bag with five AN6-46. Just FWIW.
              Larry Driver
              Bearhawk 4-Place Quickbuild N22LD
              Mogollon Airpark, Overgaard AZ

Comment

AN 6-45 allows for two washers on each end.

Comment

Working...
                X