Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Height of an unladen Bearhawk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Height of an unladen Bearhawk?

While I evaluate what tools I need and get my shop prepared, one thing that could be a problem is the height of the aircraft itself. I saw one unofficial spec sheet stating 7 feet, but I don't know what wheel size that is, with the gear squatted, point of max height, etc. Let's assume 6.00x6 tires just for sake of argument and shortest possible rolling chassis.

My garage opening height is exactly 7 feet without taking wood trim and 2x4's off (which I will do if I have to but --- yuck). How tight is this going to be? I'm hoping someone can take a tape measure to at least a rolling airframe. I am only interested in fuselage max height, not with wings attached (which may increase it a bit due to dihedral). I'll be doing the Avipro kit, so I do need the measurement ideally on their fuselage with all the usual top stringers, etc on it.

Thanks in advance!

My garage door is 6' 10.5" and at three point attitude with no engine on 800x6 tires the top formers just touch the door frame when wheeling it out of the garage.

Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

Awesome, thanks! My door front edge is about at your height though I can pull it up more off the chain to get the extra couple inches to 7'0" if need be, so that's looking good even going straight to the 8.00 tires.

Comment

One could also strap the axles onto a narrow piece of plywood or 2x4or6 mounted on some castors. Actually might be handy for any of us with some height/space challenges. Somebody had made some small wooden wheels for one.

Comment

Is this an African or European Bearhawk?

Comment

Haha!

Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

Originally posted by Zzz View Post
              Is this an African or European Bearhawk?
              Thanks, I was hoping someone would pick up on that...

Comment

Working...
              X