Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Length of QB Fuselage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Length of QB Fuselage

working on getting my garage prepped and starting to worry about the the size of my garage. I have a flat tongue and groove ceiling with to two 4x11 beams running the length of the garage. The beams are the low point and are 7 foot 6 inches from the floor to the beams. The depth of my garage is 21 feet.

Questions:

1) how high is the bearhawk when it sitting on the main gear (was thinking of rigging up some small heavy duty 2 inch shop wheels to move it around)
    2) how long is the bearhhawk from firewall to tail - I looked over the plans but I don't see this measurement anywhere.

-paul

This may sound negative, but it is meant to be positive. Best get used to scaling plans for dimensions when thinking about building a Barrows airplane as you'll need to do it lots.

Comment

A Bearhawk fuselage from tail post to firewall is right at 17 ft. Without rudder installed. Looking at my plane - the engine and prop stick out less than 4 feet in front of the firewall. But with the spinner on it is more than 4 ft.

Height looks like a little more than 7 ft with not taking into account the comm antennas that I have on the upper wing skin. FYI - my BH is on 26" Goodyear tires. If height was a problem I would get some old 600 x 6 tires to roll the fuselage around on. Everything would be MUCH lower with smaller tires. Mark

Comment

Working...
      X