Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aux Tank Connection to Facet Fuel Pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aux Tank Connection to Facet Fuel Pump

My latest offering: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-lRbVEu89k

Hi, my facet pump came with the fittings( 1/8 NPT THREAD WITH 5/16 hose connector ) the challenge was how to connect them to the one way valvle, I took a two way joint and cut the threads clean, drilled the hole and tap it to fit the 1/8 NPT tread. Now I can connect the fillter and the 3/8 line from the tank through the one way valve very easily.
    Attached Files

Comment

• alaskabearhawk
      alaskabearhawk commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks nice, but why the one-way check valve? The pump has an internal one-way check valve.

• PaulSA
      PaulSA commented
      Editing a comment
      Correct. If you got the recommended model, then it has an internal non-return valve. I've fitted mine with no check valve.

I was told I had to fit one, it came at a huge price too. Really did not know the pump had it in.

Comment

I will test and see if mine have that build in, thanks

Comment

Facet makes pumps both with and without the internal check-valve. The check-valve prevents fuel from flowing "backwards" through the pump body when the pump is not running. The "flow-through" pumps are self-explanatory by contrast.

If you use the "check-valve" type pump, I would think you would be OK without a secondary external check-valve, right?
        Last edited by JimParker256; 01-29-2021, 07:17 PM. Reason: Edited to remove my "boost pump" diagram and explanation, which was WAY off topic, as AlaskaBearhawk pointed out below! Not sure how I went there in my head...
        Jim Parker
        Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
        RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

The Facet fuel pump only feeds the fuel from the aux tank to the main tank, refilling the main tank. It isn’t used as a boost pump as listed in your diagram.

Comment

Working...
          X