Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4-Place QB Kit Inventory List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4-Place QB Kit Inventory List

Hi all,

I'm doing a prebuy inspection on a partially-assembled 4-place QB kit next week which a neighbor has agreed to sell to me. It's an A model, circa 2010, with a fuselage number in the mid-20's. I'm hoping to find a packing list from Avipro in the paperwork that's with the kit to help me determine if any of the parts that would have shipped with the kit have gone missing.

As a backup plan, would anyone have an Avipro packing list for the 4-place QB kit? I know the kits have evolved over the years, but anything relevant would certainly help. At this point I have only the photo and list from https://bearhawkaircraft.com/bearhawk-kits/ to work with.

Thanks in advance,

David

The date and serial number don't sound like a match. They were up in the 50-60 range by 2005-6 as I recall.

Comment

• Dpearson
      Dpearson commented
      Editing a comment
      Jared, good info, thanks. The SN is accurate (I have seen the Avipro nameplate on the door frame). Hopefully I can confirm the date when I have access to the paperwork.

Did the serial numbers start over when the B model came out? I have a recent B model kit, the fuselage is number 27B. I believe the wings are 50 and 51
    Model B quick build started 2021

Comment

• AKKen07
      AKKen07 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m guessing the wings started with the patrol since they are the same. Which would explain why my fuse is 16 and wings 32. Patrol being out long before the B. Or maybe there were lots of wings ordered for people who built their fuselages?… hmm

• jaredyates
      jaredyates commented
      Editing a comment
      The Patrol ribs are the same, but the wings are different. Fuselagee 1 probably got wings 1 and 2, and fuselage 2 probably fot wings 3 and 4, etc. Wings also sell separately at times.

• Jhankins
      Jhankins commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe they did start over with the model B kit. I have fuselage 28B and my wings are 54B and 55B

I've confirmed all the numbers of the A-Model kit I'm looking at:
    Plans: 612 (Dated 8/7/00)
    Fuselage: 25
    Wings: 41 and 42 (still crated - never unpacked)

The paperwork we were able to locate indicates it's probably from the early 2000's (consistent with what Jared said above). Unfortunately there's no packing list from Avipro to confirm the exact date or contents.

The left wing (bottom half of crate) has styrofoam inside the fuel tank bay, blocking all views into the bay. This is unlike the right wing's tank bay which is wide open. I suspect there are some items packed inside the left wing's bay. Until I make the final purchase decision and get the kit home to safely uncrate the wings it's not practical to get inside and see what it might contain. Does anyone know what items Avipro might have enclosed in the fuel tank bay?

Thanks all,
    David

Comment

Working...
    X