Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changes to Model B four place kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes to Model B four place kits

Recently the factory has changed the Model B four place kit to include two of the design features Bob tried on the Model 5. The two changes are the seats and the flap handle position.

After the first four kits were made, the Model 5 got seats with four roller bearings inside the channels/tracks. The seats move more easily than previously. One Model B kit has already been delivered with the new seat system. This next batch of Model B kits will all have the new seat system.

The Model 5 has the flap handle up off the floor. In the last couple days the factory tried this out on the Model B per Bob's drawing and with a little tweaking worked out fine. So all future production kits of the Model B will have these two refinements. Not anything tremendously different but just small improvements from what we learned on the Model 5. Mark

Mark, any pics you can share on the details of the flap handle? I would like to move mine up so it’s easier to reach.
    Eli
    Building BH 4 Place #503
    Arab, AL

Comment

• AndyL
      AndyL commented
      Editing a comment
      Mark, is it possible to apply this change to the Patrol flap handle?
      Thanks,
      -AndyL

I would add that there's nothing much wrong with the original design, however these changed are improvements.

Having the handle higher will allow for a range of extra benefits. That will make it easier to customize and increase the throw of the flaps and allow builders to install more highly modified flap designs, such as Maule style or slotted flaps. Again, this is not a necessary modification, but builders will tinker...

Comment

You would need to talk with Bob about getting drawings for this if you are a plans builder. The Patrol flap handle is completely different and this running production change is not relevant to a Patrol. Mark

Comment

Working...
      X