Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell us what you did today on your Bearhawk Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm running out of room to store the big parts, so work on the Bearhawk "airplane" is on pause while we build a Bearhawk "hangar"....

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    -------------------
    Mark

Maule M5-235C C-GJFK
    Bearhawk 4A #1078 (Scratch building - C-GPFG reserved)
    RV-8 C-GURV (Sold)

Comment

• I updated my blog (basically what I'm using for a build log) imported my electrical system drawing into draw.io, and sorted out how I'm going to do the VOR antenna. My work nights are Tuesday and Thursday night, so during the week I'm usually updating documentation or figuring out how I want to tackle something. I think figuring out what I want to do take as much time as doing it, or perhaps more.

Nice hangar!

Comment

• Finally finished painting the fuselage. It's not perfect but it will do. Not looking forward to painting the control surfaces.

Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

• Hey Whee, looks great to me! There's no 'right way' or 'wrong way'. My thought process was to paint the small pieces first. I figured it was easier to sand and re-spray screw ups on small pieces...

Either way, getting the fuse painted is a big milestone!!

Bill

Comment

• Looks Great Wee! What process did you use?

Comment

• Thanks guys. We used Stewarts and like it. Any issues were self inflicted. We painted the fuselage first because the weather was closing in on us and I can heat my garage to paint the small stuff if necessary. Also, my dad can wire the fuselage while I work on covering/painting everything else.

Comment

• interstate al
                interstate al commented
                Editing a comment
                Good to hear on the Stewarts! I have no experience but that's what I've chosen for fabric and paint!

• Whee, you've spoken of working with your Dad on the Bearhawk. I can't even describe how great a thing it is, to be able to share such an experience with your Dad! Savor every minute.

Bill

Comment

• I'm with Bill. It would have been sweet to share this experience with my dad. Now at the rate I'm going it's looking more like I will be the dad.
                Fuse looks great to me Jon!
                Mark
                Scratch building Patrol #275
                Hood River, OR

Comment

• I am pretty lucky. I enjoy working with my dad and he is a great build partner. Actually, I'm very lucky.

Comment

• Looking good Whee, when I am painting one day is good by my standers next day 'O Hell' . Stinger

Comment

• Finely got back to working on the plane today. I finished the baffle kit as far as I can till I put the cowling back in place. I also put in a 4 position fuel valve. I had a single ball valve for my fuel but after conversations with Bdflies he convinced me to change my setup. It always amazes me how long it takes to accomplish some of these tasks. I attached a couple of pics of things.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Bdflies
                        Bdflies commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I convinced you?
                        Looks great!

Bill

• Last week I reamed out the engine mount attach bushings and attached a temporary plexiglass-glass firewall templet. I will use the plexiglass firewall to plan all the firewall penetrations and plan mounting of various accessories, fittings, brackets and doohickies.. At the end, when all the stuff has been properly located I will have a template for the final drilling of the permanent firewall.

Al Lux and Mark G. gave me some advice on reaming the bushings and it went real smooth. I acquired reamers from Aircraft Tool Supply, they are a Michigan Company. It was my first time using a reamer....as a Novice searching for a Reamer I got overwhelmed. HSS, cobalt, straight flute, spiral slate, hand, machine,...this list goes on. Heck, I don't know...I just want a reamer!

I bought the one needed for the Engine Mount bushings of course, plus a smaller one I will need when the wing attach drilling gets done. They worked great, and a reasonable price. I also used Boelube during the reaming process. If you've never heard of it, get familiar with it. I am frugal. Its $4 for the 1.6 oz stick of Boelube. It will last a life time, improve quality, save scores of dollars in consumable drilling costs, and hours of time drilling. Don't skimp when piercing metal.

Reamer: https://goo.gl/be9Z9G
                      BoeLube: goo.gl/BEMded

IMG_4235.jpg
                      Last edited by Bcone1381; 11-19-2017, 07:38 PM. Reason: speling
                      Brooks Cone
                      Southeast Michigan
                      Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

• I spent this weekend refitting the interior panels and making modifications to the panel layout. IMG_1892.JPGIMG_1893.JPGIMG_1894.JPGIMG_1895.JPGIMG_1905.JPGIMG_1904.JPG

Comment

• Hi, I am working on my panel, stil need the radio stack, but I am getting there
                          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gerhard Rieger
                            Hi, I am working on my panel, stil need the radio stack, but I am getting there
                            I totally dig the steam gauge panel Gerhard!

Comment

• Gerhard Rieger
                              Gerhard Rieger commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Thanks, just the way I like it too, I know its out of fashion, I just love to experience it the way it was 50 years ago. enjoy
                          Working...
                          X