Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for help from people with lots of computer time available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for help from people with lots of computer time available

I have a project underway that will make the content from the old Yahoo Groups available in a much more useful way. This project is to a point where it is time to clean up the old groups and delete the off topic messages. It should go quickly for the three well-moderated groups, but for the biggest group it will be a gradual process. My current strategy is to divide it up into swaths of messages, then divvy up those swaths to various folks who can look at a message and say "yes this is airplane related" or "delete." I can provide the coordination and the software (which you'll have to install on your computer), but I'll need help from folks who are stuck away from their projects for a long time and have access to a computer. The work can be done without internet access. We have about 200k messages to parse, so if we can get 10 people, that's only 20k each. I can do about 100 per minute, so that's only 200 minutes. Even at half that rate it's only around 4 hours of work. The end result is going to be an archive of the old messages, available without internet access, so that you can browse and search messages even if your shop isn't connected. Please send me an email if you are interested in helping!

I guess I could sign on for 4 hrs of work. How many people have offered to help.

Comment

Count me in for a slot.
      Stephen B. Murphey
      Bearhawk LSA
      Building #L-089

Comment

Be happy to help out

Comment

Can do Jared...
          http://www.mykitlog.com/yadama

Comment

Jared, will your software work on a Mac, or do I have to steal time from my wife's Windoze PC (ugh)? Count me in, either way.
            Jim Parker
            Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
            RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

I can help too...

Comment

Working...
              X