Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XCub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XCub

I couldn't resist the rivalry. It's amazing how the Patrol continues to put up a good fight even next to the latest and greatest cub:

$?
    Mark
    Scratch building Patrol #275
    Hood River, OR

The Xcub looks like a pretty cool airplane and quite capable. Bring certified I think it would be a great working airplane. But for $297k one could build a pretty sweet Patrol.
    Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

I would like to see the aileron pushrod system. Sure would like to do that on the patrol. Other than that I'll still take the patrol say nothing of 2 or 3 patrols for that price.

Doug
    Scratch building Patrol #254

Comment

I am surprised at their stated 145 mph cruise with a Cub airfoil. Maybe they are a little optimistic. Some of their advertisements seems to be that way especially the "60 ft to happiness" that I see a lot.

If you want to use your plane for commercial purposes this could be a good choice. But for rest of us that want our planes only for personal use - the Patrol is a better value. You could buy our Patrol QB kit, install a new engine and most expensive C/S prop, and pay someone to build it for you and still be way under 1/2 of their "base price" of $297K. Out the door price I am sure is even more. And with a Patrol have a better flying plane I bet. Plus lots of other benefits to the Patrol as compared to a Cub. Mark

Comment

One could complete a Patrol for the price of the float options alone. $45k-70k?!?
        Mark
        Scratch building Patrol #275
        Hood River, OR

Comment

Working...
        X