Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bearhawk Patrol emblem/decal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearhawk Patrol emblem/decal

I'm looking for an emblem for the Patrol I found yrs ago and cannot seem to locate it. It says BearHawk on the top with a pair of wings with a circle in the center and a bear paw print in that and in the paw print is the word Patrol. I want to have a decal made for the vertical stab and this one will look great. thanks for any information, D.

Don Aldridge made up a decal and that may be the one. Try him at don@k4pk.com

Comment

• Flygirl1
      Flygirl1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Jered, I hope his design is what I'm looking for. D.

• Flygirl1
      Flygirl1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just heard from Don and it's not his, so still lookin. D.

I know this won't help the search for the decal, but if you find it, I'm interested! My tail needs decoration. (No comments, please...)

Bill

Comment

I found this piece of paper I had printed the emblem on and the print is not very good, heavy and blurry, so again if anybody recognizes it and knows where I can get a downloadable copy I would really appreciate it. Thanks D.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

I found the designer of this emblem, Roger Hoffman from Eugene, OR, who was building a Patrol from scratch, but has since stopped the project, who has given me his permission to use it. . There are two designs, one for light colors and one for dark colors. I've been assured they will last a long, long time and are a high quality vinyl. They have a minimum $40 order which will get me 3 sets of 9 to 11 inch, maybe larger not sure right now. If I can add it to my order today, I might be able to do that and not have to have 3 sets. If I order today the price is $13.50 a set plus shipping. If anybody is interested just let me know. Also they can be high gloss or satin. The one is done so it can be placed on a dark color with white outline and the other, in the stars is for light colors.
        Donna
        Last edited by Flygirl1; 03-02-2017, 02:37 PM.

Comment

• JimParker256
          JimParker256 commented
          Editing a comment
          Personally, I think you should use a decal just like your avatar... And your "other half" could use a "Sylvester" decal... Would be pretty cool at fly-ins... ;-)

• Ed.Meyer
          Ed.Meyer commented
          Editing a comment
          I would be interested in a set of the light background version.

Jim, I tried to talk him into that already, he wouldn't go there. Another idea was a naked hawk ( bare hawk )standing in a pile of feathers on his and my fully feathered hawk pointing and laughing on mine. Almost talked him into that one but he wouldn't go there either. ( He wanted it the other way around!! ) D.

Ed, My order went into production yesterday and I can't add to it unfortunately. If I can get at least two more sets out there the min $40 would be met and If we get enough interest in this emblem, maybe Jared would take it and add it to his store???
        Last edited by Flygirl1; 03-03-2017, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• Ed.Meyer
          Ed.Meyer commented
          Editing a comment
          Thought I might be too late. Thanks anyway.

I'm interested in a pair of each, since I haven't decided on a color scheme yet. Every time I think I've "got it" I see a different airplane scheme that I really like...
        Jim Parker
        Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
        RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

Last time we tried a third-party logo it didn't sell well, and being that nothing really sells well and that my standards are very low, that's saying a lot. I won't think less of you for decorating your plane however you'd like, but I don't think it's productive for us to offer a logo that doesn't match the standardized branding. It's along the lines of the logo in the attached photo.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Flygirl1
            Flygirl1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Jared, no problem. So far I have “maybe” enough for one order. I knew I had a huge blank space on the tail section that would need something and I saw that image and really liked it. Someone had mentioned some interest so I put it out there. It took way more effort and time than I expected getting that thing turned into a doable design. Also I’m looking into having it embroidered on some fabric and that’s ridiculous what it is going to cost. Like around $400 to turn it into a stitchable design. We have two of your denim shirts and i wanted it on the back. Probably not gona happen. ;-) Donna. Appreciate your input though!!!

• Bdflies
            Bdflies commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey! Jared's design has a bear! How about the cute bear, with a set of wings? Maybe a cute bear, with wings, holding up a pair of binoculars..... Like he was on 'Patrol'.. Yeah, maybe not.

I, too, have a big tail area that needs something. If we could come up with a logo/mascot design, I have a buddy who does car wraps. Printing a big decal (or a dozen) would be pretty easy..

Bill

• Flygirl1
            Flygirl1 commented
            Editing a comment
            That's funny, Dennis had exactly the same thought--a bear with wings. Maybe a Grizzly with a hawk riding on his back. Or an artist rendition of a running bear turning into a flying hawk...

A Bearhawk is like a Chicken Hawk or a Sparrow Hawk. They pursue, search and kill for sport or necessity in the rugged back country. I envision that classic Piper cub being caught in the talons of a large hawk....the talons clutch at the base of the cubs neck like a mother dog carrying a puppy by the scruff of the neck....the sign dangles from one hand with a baffled upset and defeated look on its face. A message below says "Time to get serious....Bearhawk!"

Because a discussion was started by builders who want a nice image for the tail, one could conclude that the Bearhawk line has need additional branding development. They want something short, and significant...My favorite is Pratt and Whitney "Dependable Engines" "Carbon, X, Top" are some others that are kind of cocky and catchy.
          Brooks Cone
          Southeast Michigan
          Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

• Bdflies
            Bdflies commented
            Editing a comment
            Well Brooks, you have an assignment to complete before your kit arrives; Am impossible one, to be sure... Come up with a mascot/logo that everyone likes!
            Carry on...

We received our Decals and installed them. I think they look pretty good.

Comment

D. The decals on both your planes look GREAT. Makes me a little jealous. LOL Now I need to find one for my 4place.
            CJ

Comment

• Flygirl1
              Flygirl1 commented
              Editing a comment
              I know how to get more of these. :-) Donna

Both planes look great. Very nice and professional looking.
            Jim Parker
            Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
            RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

Since I posted these Emblems a few have taken an interest, so I thought I would try and attach the files for anybody who wants them can have them. One is with the Patrol and one without. These files are high resolution so that a Decal company can turn them into any size you want. Harris Design in Eugene OR did ours and they can be found at www.harrisd.com. Or you can take them wherever and whenever. Donna

BearHawk Patrol.pdf

Comment

I've thought about the red circle with a line through it that says Maule. Instead, I have done nothing.

Comment

Bearhawk Logo 2 jpeg.jpg
                  Bill challenged me in Post #9.....so, try kicking around the idea. Like Bill said, there is no logo that everyone is going to like. But I think of things.....here where i am right now.... I submit a crude drawing something like the logo for Osprey Backpacks while taking some ideas from the Pratt & Whitney Logo. "Bearhawk Patrol" might form the top part of a circle, adding "Utility with Agility" to form the bottom half of the circle.

Maybe one could replace the claws with 31" bush wheels, or maybe have a claw grasping a Bear Cub like I examined in post #9.

"Agility with Utility" compliments "Strong like a bear, Agile like a Hawk" that Bearhawk Aircraft uses in print Advertisement for Bearhawk, but using fewer words.
                  Brooks Cone
                  Southeast Michigan
                  Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

• Bdflies
                    Bdflies commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I like it!
                Working...
                X