Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are old threads disappearing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are old threads disappearing?

I went looking for some old posts, and found only 20 pages of content in this General Discussion subforum - and exactly 20 pages.

Am I imagining things, or are threads "dropping off the bottom" of this list?
    Last edited by Battson; 01-15-2017, 06:55 PM. Reason: Fix spelling

Good question. I'm an electronic document management guy by trade, and we limit the number of results that come back in a query to improve performance. The more that comes back at once, the longer it takes to generate the results. I wonder if the same is happening here.

I have to imagine that this is configurable somewhere. In my case, searches will always turn up content that doesn't make the top set of results. I reckon it's time to test that theory.
    Last edited by Chris In Milwaukee; 01-16-2017, 02:33 PM.
    Christopher Owens
    Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
    Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
    Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

I searched for the term "Bearhawk" in the general forum and received Eric Newton's first post in September 2013. So the content is still there, thankfully!
      Christopher Owens

Comment

jaredyates Looks like the default for Topic Max Pages is 20, based on limited research. Perhaps Jared can bump it up a smidge if it won't cause performance problems.
        Christopher Owens

Comment

Thanks Chris, it took a little googling to see where they had that setting, but I've adjusted the number of topics per page up as well as the number of pages available. The old data is definitely still there- archive building is our second prime directive.

Comment

Thanks Jared!

Comment

Working...
            X