Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Volunteering at Airventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volunteering at Airventure

If you volunteer at Oshkosh, what do you do? I am considering showing up early this year and volunteering, and just wondering if there is an area where other Bearhawkers put time in.
    Brooks Cone
    Southeast Michigan
    Patrol #303, Kit build

I have volunteered at kidventure before. It was a fun time, but these days with bringing our own kids, we haven't had enough spare time. Back then they were especially needing instructors who could operate the desktop ftd and sign logbooks.

Comment

I worked the Trams for a couple of years. It was a lot of fun, talking to people and making corny jokes. Everyone is happy to be riding. I quit doing it last year, because they started requiring you to allow them to set the schedule for the entire week before the forum schedules were set - and stated that no changes or schedule swapping would be allowed.

I would still do it, if they would drop that stupid requirement. I come to OSH for the forums that pertain to me. Having to miss all of them to volunteer doesn't make sense. And yes, I spoke to the Tram chairman about it. It was his decision to implement the new rule, and he didn't want to hear my concerns.

I'll find somewhere else to volunteer next year... Can't make it this year, darn it!

PS - the Bearhawk booth is a great place to hang out!
      Jim Parker
      Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
      RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

I tried to volunteer for Vintage last year but they screwed me around and I ended up walking away. I have been considering what to do this year. If other Bearhawkers are planning to volunteer together I would probably be up for joining in! We are there from the Saturday before the show and leave on the following Sunday evening, so plenty of time to volunteer.
        Steve Nicholson
        Lafayette, LA

4 Place Scratch build #1377 in progress (Wings)

Comment

Working...
        X