Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FAA Offering Rebate for ADS-B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAA Offering Rebate for ADS-B

I got this email from the FAA yesterday about rebate offer they are giving to encourage people to move to ADS-B. Hopefully my copy and paste works.
    FAA Safety Team | Safer Skies Through Education
    ADS-B Rebates
    Notice Number: NOTC7182

For a limited time, the FAA is offering a $500 rebate for completed ADS-B installations in fixed-wing, single-engine piston aircraft.

The FAA is implementing this program to emphasize the urgent need for pilots to equip for the ADS-B Out rule ahead of the January 1, 2020 deadline.

As of May 15, over 14,000 rebates are still available. Are you eligible for a rebate? Please visit https://www.faa.gov/go/rebate/ for details.

Act now! The last day to apply for your rebate is September 18, 2017.

This notice is being sent to you because you selected "General Information" in your preferences on FAASafety.gov. If you wish to adjust your selections, log into https://www.faasafety.gov/Users/pub/preferences.aspx where you can update your preferences.
    Invite a fellow pilot to the next WINGS Safety Seminar in your area.
    FAASafety.gov | Email Preferences | Opt Out
    Do not reply to this email as it is an unmonitored mailbox. Contact us for comments or questions.

05:25 I just looked at the FAA website and found out that your plane must be registered before Jan 1 2016. This won't do me any good but I hope it helps some of you. GOOD LUCK
    Last edited by Sebastian; 05-25-2017, 05:27 AM.

One catch, it's not exactly $500. You have to claim it on your income taxes as income. If you are taxed at 25% that means its actually $375...and they do check. After all, it is the government.

Comment

I just had a Stratus ESG installed on my Citabria 7ECA this week. Taking the paperwork for W&B to the shop this morning. Also signed up for the rebate, and just need to fly the "verification flight" to get that rebate. Yeah, it's only $500 (or $400 after tax), but it's better than nothing, and I wanted to replace the ailing transponder anyway.

If you go this route, and have a Stratus (other supported ADS-B IN solutions - see the video for more information), be sure to ask your shop to install the "Portable Connect" interface cables.

This pair of cables connects the ESG transponder and GPS antennas to your portable ADS-B IN receiver, so you get the enhanced antenna coverage as though it were permanently installed. I'm having them attach the Stratus "clip" mount to the glare shield panel (right above the transponder), and they will run the cables up through a grommet in the glareshield so they are handy to connect to the Stratus 2. Guys who have done this say it improves the reception dramatically. And it's pretty cheap (under $200 for the cable).
      Jim Parker
      Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
      RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

Working...
      X