Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ads-b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ads-b

Has anyone applied for the adsb rebate? More specifically has anyone applied for the rebate with the garmin gps 20A and the garmin GTX 23ES system and received the rebate? The gps 20A is supposed to be an approved gps for the experimental market but does not appear in the menus. The software will not let me proceed. Any suggestions?

Well, I did the rebate for my Citabria 7ECA using the Appareo Stratus ESG. But I was under the impression that the rebate only applied to TSO'ed equipment, which would explain why your experimental equipment doesn't show up... Just the checked the FAA rebate site (https://www.faa.gov/nextgen/equipadsb/rebate/), and confirmed it.

Pertinent quote:
    Eligible equipment: Avionics that are certified to FAA Technical Standard Orders and meet the program rules (software upgrades of existing equipment are not eligible). Rebates are not available for aircraft already equipped with rule compliant ADS-B or for aircraft the FAA has previously paid or committed to pay for upgrade(s) to meet the ADS-Bmandate.
    Jim Parker
    Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
    RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

When I applied with the Dynon transponder, I had to select the transponder's actual manufacturer, being that Dynon rebranded it. You might ask the Garmin folks and see what they say.

Comment

Working...
      X