Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post Oshkosh Funk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Oshkosh Funk

Made it home after the show and unloaded the truck of "stuff". Not a bad year at Oshkosh, if I do say so. Aside from a damp day or so, you couldn't have asked for better weather.

I put 83 miles on my Nikes, according to my fancy wrist thingy, and now I'm back driving my desk for another 357 days until #OSH18. I haven't yet taken off my wristband. I usually leave it on for a few days to come down slowly. You can rush into (or out of) these things.

I hope you all made it home safely and without incident. See you next year!
    Christopher Owens
    Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
    Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
    Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Thank you Chris for organizing and "hosting" the get together. It was very fun and enjoyable again. You deserve some gold stars on your chart. Mark

Comment

Yes, great job Chris! It was our first time for the get together and we both really enjoyed it! Hope we can come again next year! We are still enjoying the experience, at 2500 over Indiana West bound as we speak.😊

Comment

I don't know what all goes into planning and organizing that get together, but thank you for taking care of us!
        It was great to meet you.

Comment

Just this morning, I had to go re-fit the car-seat in the truck (grandson is outgrowing it pretty quickly!), and found a packet of stuff in the seat back pocket that we threw in there as we left OSH last year (2016). Immediately flooded with memories of that trip, and all the fun we had! OSH is a special place...
          Jim Parker
          Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
          RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

Home and experiencing the “OSHKOSH FUNK” already. Dennis and I have been to many OSH shows having lived most our lives in Mi, but I must say this one will be about impossible to beat. The experience of having the planes judged and what came of it I can’t really find the words to express! Being invited by Sport Aviation magazine to do a static and air to air photo shoot is such a huge compliment. I have my doubts, but I sure hope those photo’s come out OK. Flying a two plane formation on a photo plane takes skill that I have not exactly acquired yet. My biggest thanks is to Mark G. for having the wonderful idea of producing this kit to begin with and Bob Barrows for his design. I am totally impressed with the fact that we made it to OSH in two days from OR and had it not been for high winds and bad weather we would have made it back home from Ohio in two days also. Meeting a bunch of you guys from the forum at Chris’ fantastic meal at the get together was so cool and another highlight. I’m hoping we will be able to go again next year and encourage any flying Patrols to come along also. We were a bit lonely out in homebuilt camping with just the two of us amongst all the RVers. So anybody contemplating about getting this kit, do not hesitate. Any time spent debating it with yourself is time not spent building.
            ;-) D-n-D
            Last edited by Flygirl1; 08-04-2017, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X