Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tail wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tail wires

I just placed an order for Patrol tail wires with Steen. A group purchase requires 7-8 orders (depends on the mix of streamlined and round wires) but reduces the cost by about $200 per order. Steen had 4 orders pending now, so it is a good time to jump on the bandwagon and join the group. Call Steen at 321-725-4160 and ask for Cheryl. She can take your order and answer any questions you might have.

I am not associated with Steen but I am anxious to get my tail wires hence the message.

John Ciolino
    Patrol kit P342

Does anyone know if the patrol and 4 place tail wires are the same?
    Peter
    4 place scratch build
    Australia

Comment

Th current way the wires are being ordered the 4 place & Patrol are using the same wires. The Patrol wires need to be cut back a little but it is not a problem since there is a lot of threads at both ends. This makes getting the 5 sets needed MUCH easier for a group buy. Mark

Comment

Mark, add me to the list for tailwires and let me know what I need to do. Hope I'm not too late.

Comment

• Mark Goldberg
          Mark Goldberg commented
          Editing a comment
          Call Cheryl at Steen Aerolab. She is the one who orders the tail wires. MG

Hi guys I might be interested in getting in on this if the wires will work on the LSA. Does anyone know if they will work on the LSA?

Comment

• Bcone1381
          Bcone1381 commented
          Editing a comment
          Dave, I echo what Mark says....call Cheryl. You won't even have to know measurements, just that you need the wires for the LSA. Mine were for the patrol, but I am sure she can has them made up for the LSA too.

• Mark Goldberg
          Mark Goldberg commented
          Editing a comment
          The LSA uses 3/16" diameter wires with 10/32 threads. The Patrol & 4 place uses 1/4" wires. They are not the same. I think I have a set of the LSA wires on hand if you want a set. Contact me privately. Mark

Thanks for the response guys.

Comment

Just added my name for the tail wires ( Patrol), I think she's looking for one or two more for a group buy.
          DFW

Comment

Hi Guys,
            Its Russ here from vintagaero. Yes we are still building streamline flying wires and tie rods. Recently we've upgraded our machinery. We can beat the other guys on price and delivery.
            cheers, Russ Ward www.vintageaero,com.

Comment

Working...
            X