Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuel pump needed on 0~470 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel pump needed on 0~470 ?

This question goes out to anyone with an 0~470 or knowledge about them. I have the 470M going in mine. It has a small box on the back left side that a hose runs from. Seems small for a fuel pump. I’ve also read that this motor only needs gravity fed fuel. So my questions are 1, does anyone know if that small box is a pump of sorts? 2, Should I add an electric fuel pump or is gravity all I need?

Do you have a picture of said box? An O470 does not need a fuel pump as long as the fuel system was installed correctly.
    Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

Could it be a fuel flow sensor?

Comment

Originally posted by whee View Post
        Do you have a picture of said box? An O470 does not need a fuel pump as long as the fuel system was installed correctly.
        Yeah thats what I was thinking also. Ill get a pic posted shortly.

Comment

Here's the pic of said box has two -6 fittings on the bottom.
          Attached Files

Comment

another pic
            Attached Files

Comment

That's a fuel pump. It's depicted in the IPC for the O470. Maybe this engine is off of a C310 or some other low wing?

Comment

Yes it was off a twin now that you say that. Any harm in keeping it or should I delete it.

Comment

If it were me I’d do a flow test and if I didn’t need the pump I’d remove it.

Comment

Can you get a 'block off plate" to replace the pump, if removed?

Bill

Comment

Working...
                    X