Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else ordered Oratex before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else ordered Oratex before?

I ordered the Oratex over a month ago. 2 weeks ago I asked about it and was told they were short on the 6000 material but had 3 lengths they could send. They were all long enough and would work so I accepted. They said it would ship the next day. Since then I've emailed and texted but nobody answers. Then I called and they said they would look into it but nothing is ever heard back. Have any of you bought Oratex and if so how long did it take?

It's hard to get a response from ANY small operation during and immediately after Sun-N-Fun or AirVenture Oshkosh. Give them a couple of days to get home and sort through the back-log before you start worrying...
    Jim Parker
    Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
    RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

I emailed them last week and got not response. They did respond 3 months ago. I hadn't thought of Sun N Fun.

Comment

Originally posted by JimParker256 View Post
        It's hard to get a response from ANY small operation during and immediately after Sun-N-Fun or AirVenture Oshkosh. Give them a couple of days to get home and sort through the back-log before you start worrying...
        Jim I agree. Im sure they are busy. Ill wait till Monday before I get to worried. Although this has been going on since several weeks before S and F.

Comment

Don't get worried. Aircraft stuff is almost always small operations. You might run into a few examples of folks 'over promising' before you fly your bird.
          Center up on another project and soon, you'll be pleasantly surprised with a long box!
          worrying just makes your hair fall out. Ask me how I know....

Bill

Comment

I ordered Oratex and it took about 2 months to get it. They were always pretty good about responding to me so I think like others have said they are just busy after SNF. I got my fabric about a month ago but haven’t got around to starting it yet. However the glue only has a three month shelf life so I need to get going. Good luck on your project.

Comment

I finally received the fabric today. Took about 2 months exactly. Will start covering Wednesday

Comment

Originally posted by muleyman78 View Post
                I finally received the fabric today. Took about 2 months exactly. Will start covering Wednesday
                What color did you end up going with?

Comment

I went with bright white.

Comment

Working...
                  X