Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bearhawk Group Camping at Oshkosh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearhawk Group Camping at Oshkosh?

Airventure has a deal where Local EAA chapters can all camp together for the week. Those Chapters seem to get some (most) of the better camping spots at Camp Scholler.

This link explains how it works.

Well, my local chapter does not do too much camping that I know of. So I always go alone, have fun and meet other campers near my stake-out (which is never too good of a location.) But it might be a better if I camped near others who were building our aircraft, and if I had a better spot. I know other Bearhawk builders are there too, with no other connections. So, I emailed EAA's Dave Leiting, and asked him if it would be possible to allow a group camp to be organized and set up for "Bearhawk Builders" instead of a local chapter.

Dave didn't say no.....its not a firm yes either, but he likes and supports the idea. I will spare you of details, but He is going to check on it for us, and he told me to start organizing a group camp in hopes that we will have approval for this year.

So if there is anyone interested, please respond. I am going to guess we will be allowed up to 6 sites, $243/site. That means if you are not staying the whole week, possible one could share a whole week with another bearhawker.

We'll see what happens.
    Brooks Cone
    Southeast Michigan
    Patrol #303, Kit build

We're camping over at the Sleepy Hollow campground for $25/night. But we could move over if there is availability. We will have a rental car so will need to have parking. Arriving Wednesday the 25th and leaving Sunday the 29th.
    Rob Caldwell
    Lake Norman Airpark (14A), North Carolina
    EAA Chapter 309
    Model B Quick Build Kit Serial # 11B-24B / 25B
    YouTube Channel: http://bearhawklife.video
    1st Flight May 18, 2021

Comment

I would be interested providing there are still spots available as I have not registered yet. Also would like electric?

Comment

• JimParker256
        JimParker256 commented
        Editing a comment
        The only spots with electricity and water that I know of are in the RV area, and are "sold" on a first reserved basis. They require that you pay for the site from the day you make your reservation through the end of AirVenture. We've done it twice, but it's kind of nerve-racking to try to time the reservation... One year, we got the absolute last site available. (Whew!) Some folks with more money than I make their reservations over a month ahead of the event, paying for their site for 5 full weeks to use it for 7-8 days...
    Working...
    X