Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest progress on my Bearhawk 4 place scratch build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest progress on my Bearhawk 4 place scratch build

Some photo's of my progress on 1178, Question, do I use 032 for the nose bottom and top?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 12 photos.

Really nice work, Gerhard. Mine is a Patrol. Plans called out .032" for cowl panels, which I made. No problems on this end.

What's the big aluminum structure in front of your plane?

Bill

Comment

• Gerhard Rieger
      Gerhard Rieger commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Bill,thanks for the compliment, I am a slow builder in my eight year, hop to finnish it before I go for nine years. but it must be the way I want it. what exactly are you revering to regarding big allu structure?you must add some photos for us to see your progress.

• Bdflies
      Bdflies commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, another look at your photos revealls a wing, in front of the fuselage. At first glance, I thought I was seeing something else...

Bill

You are covering yours already, hope to do that soon. I aquired the ceconite 101 already and most of the tape, need the dope.,Thinking of going with Stewardt systems. No dangerous goods certificates needed.

Comment

Great progress - you'll be thrilled to be so far advanced!

I really like your unique take on the "mouse door" challenge. Will you be using seaplane style doors?

You can get away with 0.025 for the bottom cowl and cowl doors without any issues. But the top cowl is a much flatter panel, it needs 0.032 or else it will drum badly.
      I have used 0.025 all around except the top cowl, which is 0.032.
      Last edited by Battson; 06-10-2018, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Thanks Battson, yes on the doors. want them out of the way and left the back lower.
        This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Very nice. I love the doors. Good job!

Comment

Working...
            X