Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primer Line/Tube/Hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer Line/Tube/Hose

I was wondering what most were using for a primer line from the firewall to the engine? I normally use 1/8" copper with circles at both ends but I am getting extremely paranoid about the movement of the dynafocal mounts. I was thinking of using the Matco nylon II tubing but don't think it will handle the heat. Any ideas or proven suggestions?
    Thanks
    Steve P203

Like you, I wasn't comfortable with copper from the firewall to the engine. I used -3 Aeroquip stainless jacketed, teflon core hose, inside fire sleeve to connect from firewall to a manifold block on the engine. From the manifold block, I ran copper to the cylinder intake ports.
    Pics attached.

Bill
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Call Tom Swearengton at https://www.tsflightlines.com/home.html. He can build you a 1/8" braided, fire sleeve covered , flexible line to go from the firewall to the engine.

John Ciolino
      Patrol

Comment

Thanks guys. Good ideas. John, how small are the end fittings from Tom, #2? That would work.

Comment

Steve,

I seem to remember he can do #2 or #3 fittings, your choice. I think the #2 are more expensive, but not by much. Tom is a down to earth guy, call him and ask. if it can be built, he will do it for you.

John

Comment

I just had Tom make lines for my primer system. They are fire-sleeved teflon lines from the gascolator to the aft baffling and then steel lines from the baffling to the intakes. I installed the steel lines on top of the engine instead of trying to wrap around the lower aft section of the engine. Lots of stuff in the way. The primer system is electric so no lines run inside the cabin. This is on my RV but I will do the same on the Bearhawk when I get that far. image2.jpegimage3.jpegimage4.jpeg
            Scott Ahrens
            Bearhawk Patrol Plans Built

Comment

Thanks guys. I have been in touch with Tom. Apparently he can use -2 end fittings with a -3 hose which should to the job. I just want the one hose from the firewall to the engine. Copper every where else.

Comment

Pre-made aeroquip lines from Summit Racing and the proper firesleeve to fit over it could be a good solution.
                Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

Summit sure has some very interesting parts for the “odd” application. I just ordered a 4” alternator pulley form them. I am trying to use -2 fittings throughout the primer lines. I can’t find any other that what was suggested here through Tom at tsflightlines.

Comment

I wasn't sure if Summit had -2 lines. I doubled checked and your right. Tom is a good guy and has reasonable prices. Might be worth considering using -3 lines from Summit: https://www.summitracing.com/search?...0brake%20lines

I used -4 for my brakes and -3 for manifold pressure.
                    Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

Working...
                    X