Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bearhawk height?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearhawk height?

I'm considering buying a hangar. However, the door height is shorter than I would like. Could anyone tell me the height of a Bearhawk on 8.50's? I know my RV-6 fits fine. But it may eventually have a Bearhawk or Patrol as a stable mate.

Height measured to where? Top of the cab? Mines on 8.50s so I’ll try to get a measurement.
    Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

Mine has 150mm (6") clearance to the top of the hangar door measured between the tip of the vertical 2.1m prop, with a door which is 3.1m high. This is on 31s, which are about 6" higher than 850s.

I guess it would squeeze under a 2.5m door on 850s, provided you have the prop in the right place. Three blade props may increase the height a little.
      It would probably "limbo" under a considerably lower door, but then you're into suspension travel / tire inflation risk territory. The wingtips are the highest point on mine (no hump), especially with an uneven fuel load.
      Last edited by Battson; 05-22-2019, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• Bcone1381
        Bcone1381 commented
        Editing a comment
        2.1m = 6' 11"
        2.5 m = 8' 3"
        3.1m = 10' 2"

Silly me forgot a tape measure😳
      Last edited by whee; 05-22-2019, 07:58 PM.
      Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

Measured to where ever is the highest point. The door is 9.75'. According to Battson's measurements it should be able to roll in/out without any problems. Thanks!

Comment

• Bcone1381
          Bcone1381 commented
          Editing a comment
          9.75' = 2.97m

Highest point is the wingtip at 2.22m on 31" tires

Comment

• Bcone1381
          Bcone1381 commented
          Editing a comment
          2.22m = 7' 3.5"
      Working...