Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Archive of questions to Bob (and maybe Mark)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archive of questions to Bob (and maybe Mark)

I always look for answers on this forum by searching the forum first. Then VAF. Then google. 2nd to last is ask a question, usually by resurrecting what I think is the most relevant thread that I can find. The absolute last, is call Bob, or Mark. I have only done that a couple of times.

I am guessing Bob has probably answered many of the same questions, over and over.

Jared, How about a "Sticky" thread of archived questions that Bob has answered. If you are on the forum, and called Bob for something, you can post it there. And maybe another copy to another relevant thread on whatever subject it pertained too.

It might save Bob a lot of repetitive phone calls.

Originally posted by svyolo View Post
    I always look for answers on this forum by searching the forum first. Then VAF. Then google. 2nd to last is ask a question, usually by resurrecting what I think is the most relevant thread that I can find. The absolute last, is call Bob, or Mark. I have only done that a couple of times.

I am guessing Bob has probably answered many of the same questions, over and over.

Jared, How about a "Sticky" thread of archived questions that Bob has answered. If you are on the forum, and called Bob for something, you can post it there. And maybe another copy to another relevant thread on whatever subject it pertained too.

It might save Bob a lot of repetitive phone calls.
    That is a good idea, but my only concern is that builders would be posting what they remembered from the call. The content would be presented as "from Bob" but not subject to him reviewing it to verify that it matches what he said or meant to say. It reminds me of the telephone game that we played as young folks, where a whispered message changes as it is passed around the circle.

Maybe this would be a good use of the tagging feature. If a post involves quoting Bob, we could tag it with Bob or something.

Comment

• svyolo
      svyolo commented
      Editing a comment
      I had not heard of "tagging" , but it sounds good. The couple of tech questions I asked Bob he had answered before.
Working...
X