Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you use your aux tanks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found myself wishing for aux tanks while planning a possible quick trip my wife wants to do. The destination is 10.5hrs away and in economy mode I could do it none stop. Longest I've sat in a plane is 5.5hrs and I'm not sure I could double that but wouldn't it be cool; East Idaho to Southeast Texas non-stop.
    Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

• ThreeD
      ThreeD commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, that is what I was getting at, still don’t know which way to go but wanted to start the discussion regarding wanting them vs needing them,
      I don’t need a plane but I sure want one esp as I just sold my RV6a and I will need to drive 8 hrs to Seattle for an EAA sportair workshop vs my normal 1.5 hr flight

Jon - if you come down here to my neighborhood you need to stop in and visit. 9TE7. Sounds like torture to make it non stop. Mark

Comment

Mark, It certainly would be torture to do it non stop. If we make the trip and can make time I'd love to stop by, otherwise we'll be back next summer on a more leisurely trip and will definitely stop in.
      Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

Working...
      X