Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patrol Rear Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrol Rear Seat

Could someone please post some pictures of what you came up with for covering the rear seat? I am going to use heavy Dacron for the base layers but am having trouble imagining what would look good with upholstery; cover the whole seat or design a web with open corners?? Thanks to those that reply

Steve W P203

These are pics of what I came up with.

Bill
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Thanks Bill. That’s exactly what I was looking for. I am now thinking of upholstery for the entire rear seat too except I will only use 1/2-1” foam. Distance to the ceiling is a bit tight. Will use the black too with a yellow inlay.
      Steve

Comment

This may not apply to you, but this is what I did. The rear seat frame can be folded down flat. The bottom and back foam will be upholstered separate from the frame and be removable from the frame.
        This gallery has 3 photos.
        Patrol (modified)

Comment

Thanks Ed. I've used that type of webbing on metal seat frames before. Sure gives you good access to the back from inside. I like the idea of the swivel back.

Comment

Front seat has attached back section with a large pocket, so it slips over frame then velcro's about halfway down. Seat bottom is velcro'd in place and has skirts to hide frame work. Rear seat is full coverage cushions velcro'd in place.
            This gallery has 6 photos.
            Steve Busby
            www.aeroliteflight.ca

Comment

Steve, What supports your seat cushion? Wood? Aluminum?
              Brooks Cone
              Southeast Michigan
              Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

Dang Steve! Can you make me a set of those some day?
                Mark
                Scratch building Patrol #275
                Hood River, OR

Comment

• aerolite
                  aerolite commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ha, my upholstering skills are not very good! However, you can get Oregon Aero to make them for you. These are temperfoam cushions covered in Distressed Blue Denim Leather. They actually look quite good in real life.

• svyolo
                  svyolo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They look really good in pictures as well. Nice.

Originally posted by Bcone1381 View Post
                Steve, What supports your seat cushion? Wood? Aluminum?
                This build the customer specifically asked for aluminum sheet on the seats, was afraid of damaging the fabric when putting stuff under the seat or in baggage area, and we also had heated seats. Had to add middle supports for the rear seat as well.
                I usually cover the seats in heavy weight polyfibre, which is good and strong. Both ways I stick on 2 inch wide velcro to hold cushions in place.

IMG_1225.JPG image_6613.jpg

Last edited by aerolite; 11-23-2019, 10:56 AM.
                Steve Busby
                www.aeroliteflight.ca

Comment

Thanks, Guys, who posted. This is what I ended up with. Work was poor to say the least but will get me in the air. Didn't pay a lot so it doesn't hurt very much when I look at the quality.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• akb3
                    akb3 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What are your interior panels covered with? Your plane looks great. Looks like the quality is fine to me.

Light weight dacron with Stewarts system. The upholstery looks ok from a distance. My 10 year old grand son could have done a better job. Oh well, it’s got to stay as is for now.

Comment

• akb3
                    akb3 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ha ha that’s funny but I’m sure it’s not that bad. What would you have used and what techniques would you have used differently with the knowledge you have now? Please forgive all the questions, but I’m on the search for all the info I can get. Good and bad. Thank you sir.

Do differently? Interior? Nothing. Seats? Being more involved in their construction and material. Not taking a buddies recommendation on the ability of the upholstery shop.

Comment

Working...
                  X