Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 Q4 Beartracks is Out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Q4 Beartracks is Out!

I've just sent out the email version of the latest Beartracks newsletter. If you are a subscriber and don't see it in your inbox, please let me know so that we can troubleshoot.

This issue includes:
    Two completions
    Photos from Bob's fly-in
    Info from Mark G. about the new kit skylights
    An autopilot counterpoint from Russ Erb
    An article about mistakes and ailerons from Mark J. (chewie)

All of the content is also live on https://bearhawk.tips. There are several bonus pictures there, since we're not limited by space like we are on the printed page.

If you'd like to become a subscriber, here's a link where you can sign up for $8 per year:

Thanks to the many subscribers who make the newsletter possible, and happy new year!

Great issue!
    Jim Parker
    Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
    RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

I found Russ Erb's article especially informative. Really good stuff.

Great issue, for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by S Lathrop View Post
        I found Russ Erb's article especially informative. Really good stuff.

Great issue, for sure.
        Thanks Steve, I really enjoyed Russ's article also. "Informative" is something he does well.

Comment

Thanks for the Beartracks. I found the article about Daryl Rhodes LSA especially good. Last spring I took the opportunity and invited myself out to visit Daryl. Unfortunately his wings were already complete and stowed away. But nevertheless I learned a lot in just a day and a half visiting his shop. If anyone can do it, Daryl can. Very capable fellow with a lot of practical advantages. Tremendous energy and drive. As I drove home I made a 'conservative' estimate that it would take me three times as much time as Daryl. And since my conservative estimates always fall way short... guess I won't make any more estimates. By the time I'm ready to mount an engine, off-the-shelf warp drives will probably be available!

Good on ya Daryl Rhodes!
          Frank Forney
          Englewood CO
          https://eaabuilderslog.org?s=FranksLSA
          EAA Chapter 301

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
            Thanks for the Beartracks. I found the article about Daryl Rhodes LSA especially good. Last spring I took the opportunity and invited myself out to visit Daryl. Unfortunately his wings were already complete and stowed away. But nevertheless I learned a lot in just a day and a half visiting his shop. If anyone can do it, Daryl can. Very capable fellow with a lot of practical advantages. Tremendous energy and drive. As I drove home I made a 'conservative' estimate that it would take me three times as much time as Daryl. And since my conservative estimates always fall way short... guess I won't make any more estimates. By the time I'm ready to mount an engine, off-the-shelf warp drives will probably be available!

Good on ya Daryl Rhodes!
            Great news Frank! I've really enjoyed visiting other builders and found that often I have lots of common interests not Bearhawk related.

Comment

Working...
            X