Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommended Insurance Brokers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended Insurance Brokers

It's time for me to start thinking about insurance renewal. My agent left the industry so I'm looking for new one, perferably one that has dealt with BHs and will be on my side.

So, who do you use?
    Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Mike Schiller, Mike@wenkaviation.com, (847) 235-2559

Comment

Not for a BH but I went with Falcon (EAA) after hearing a couple referrals.
      Mark
      Scratch building Patrol #275
      Hood River, OR

Comment

• jaredyates
        jaredyates commented
        Editing a comment
        Falcon may be your best/only choice for first flight coverage. I used them for the first year, before I met Mike, with no complaints.

• Chewie
        Chewie commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll keep that in mind!

• Ray Strickland
        Ray Strickland commented
        Editing a comment
        Falcon has worked well for me.

Com’on fellas, There’s more than 3 of you that have bought insurance. Maybe the rest of you aren’t real thrilled with your agent? 😉

I tried Falcon when insuring my BH for the first flight. They seemed fine, but didn’t really put any effort into getting my account or finding the best rate. Just had me submit an online request and followed up with a couple emails with quotes and told me to email them back to let them know which one I wanted. The agent I went with got me a better quote from the same underwriter and really worked to get my business. I was bummed when she left the industry.

I’ll have to give Mike a call. Thanks Jared.
      Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

I've stayed with Falcon since my first flight. They've been good to work with... I've had a few other planes with them.

Just renewed but the rates went up. Mine is insured for $130,000 hull, $1,000,000 liability, $100,000 each passenger. The premium is $3,098 for the year.
        Bobby Stokes
        4-Place Kit Builder
        Queen Creek, AZ
        http://azbearhawk.com

Comment

I'd be curious to hear from Bearhawk owners who actually filed a claim, since that's when the insurance company's true colors really show.
          Mark
          Scratch building Patrol #275
          Hood River, OR

Comment

Working...
          X