Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patrol QB kit arrival and quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrol QB kit arrival and quality

Yes, it’s here! Don from Bearhawk Canada delivered it to me personally after an epic voyage around the United States. What a lift! Guys, the quality that I’m seeing on this Bearhawk QB kit is absolutely stunning! Every time I open a package is a new ”Ooh!” or “Ahh!” moment.

Every piece is packed like the precious jewel that it is. Every weld and every rivet is presentation quality. Mark Goldberg and his team of metal artists have done an incredible job. How they manage to do it at this price point is really quite miraculous. The level of completion is also considerably above expectation: fuel tanks seem to be installed, some boot cowl parts are cut, the bottom one with the complex bend is formed and the aluminum around the doors is installed, for example.

As I moved toward this decision, the enthusiasm, patience, and time afforded me by Mark at Avipro and Mike Silvernagel at Bearhawk Canada were above and beyond. I hope my experience gives confidence to those who are contemplating a similar journey. These guys set you up for success! I wish to acknowledge a job superbly well done. This kit just oozes the dedication and skill with which it was conceived and built, and I think some other intangible quality; perhaps passion.

Thanks for your kind words Pat. Mark

Comment

A very nice post, Pat.
      I'm sure everyone here is glad you're so happy with the kit.
      The factory has a long-held reputation for top quality welding.

Comment

Jonathon: “The factory has a long-held reputation for top quality welding.” Well, they sure met that reputation (and more) on my kit! Also, the sheet metal work, the priming/painting, the mechanical, and packaging...everything is a “Wow!” The attention to detail on this “old-world” style plane is fault-less. It's amazing, in my books. If I make a hash of this, I can only look in the mirror. My confidence is way above what it was prior to seeing my kit. I can’t wait to start!

Comment

Working...
        X